Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: WOYWW: Home Sweet Home

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WOYWW: Home Sweet Home

Can you believe it?  It is already September and in the Philippines, I would not be surprised to hear Christmas carols playing once the "ber" months arrive! 

I am back home after two weeks out of the country.  I am blessed to be able to travel, to enjoy the novelty of new places, and to visit family and friends who live far from us, but it is good to be home and I am blessed to have a lovely family to come home to.  The temperature is hotter here and the streets are not as clean and orderly but it is still home, sweet home and I delight in the ordinary schedule of waking up to the sound of singing birds, an early breakfast, work in the family business, dinner with the family and free time for art.

 

Coming home means putting away all the stuff that was left all over in the rush of packing, as well as finding space to keep whatever new things we have brought home.  And so goes the never ending battle of trying to make a creative space out of the chaotic state that I find my desk in when I arrive home.  I actually enjoy all these attempts at organizing!  I got myself some new boxes (covered in paper designed by yours truly) to hide my junk and arranged some of the wonderful giveaways I won on my shelf...


After my attempt at organizing, I started on some projects.  I covered a giveaway fan with wall putty (wall putty is a low cost gesso substitute which you can buy in the hardware/construction supply store).  I am planning to collage or paint it...


It used to look like this (taken last night)...


And I am making an ATC of the Palace of Fine Arts which I will send to Carola if she wants it (a prize for guessing right).  I have finished the inking (copying from the computer) and will color it in later...


And here are some one dollar rubber stamps that I bought (I know, I know, I like one dollar buys!)


Hope you enjoyed your peek into my desk today!  Head on over to Julia's blog to see what's on everyone else's desks today!

31 blog hugs:

Jona Panesa said...

loved the new stamps!

SusanLotus said...

Cozy place!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Welcome home. It's good to know you are back and safe. Sounds like the trip was fun, but you were ready to return home. Those new boxes are adorable. You did a great job with them. And of course, the new stamps, especially the one on the left, are really great.

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Glad you had a good trip...and you've been very busy since you've been home. I love the paper you used to cover your new boxes and your art work is amazing even if it is copied from the computer.

Have a great day....xx

Joey said...

Welcome Home Peggy, lovely stamps! Joey.x

Annie said...

Welcome home. Love your organised space with all your boxes.
A x

Sue said...

Hi Peggy
glad you had a lovely time, great piccies, your drawing is fantastic, lovely stamps,Have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x

Lisa said...

Welcome home! Happy to hear you had a good time :) Thanks for the peek!

Unknown said...

So much good stuff love the fan (can't wait to see it finished. The boxes are really good but I have to admire your drawing skills for your ATC very good

Love Dawn xx

Unknown said...

LOVE all the nooks and crannies in your desk ... I want one :0)

JoZart Designs said...

Love your desk and storage area. Well organised with a vintage feel to it all. Great idea with the fan and now I must find the ones I have hiding somewhere.
JoZarty x

Phree said...

Lovely craft space, the fan looks like a fun project. Happy WOYWW Day.

cheryl said...

oh glad you are back safe and as for the,fan wow its a great project,love the vintage feel,to your craft space,too hugs cheryl xxx

Clare with paint in her hair said...

I want a work space exactly like yours!! thanks for the snoop

Cath Wilson said...

Gosh, you're organised and you can REALLY draw! Amazing. Happy WOYWW! Cath x

Anonymous said...

Nice to have you home and creating again Peggy, hope you enjoyed your trip. Love your workspace and the paper you designed.

Hugs
Brenda

Carola Bartz said...

I love your work space, everything looks so organized. And I'm really excited about that ATC!! You're a sweetheart!

Darcy Marshall said...

welcome home, great job on covering the boxes. That ATC looks awesome already.

Kath Stewart said...

love your crafty corner...thanks for sharing...hugs kath xxx

Cindy Adkins said...

Welcome home, Peggy! Hope you had a nice time when you were on your trip! I can't believe how clever you are with all your creations and also your substitute for gesso...brilliant!
Love seeing what you're up to and all your creations.
Hugs
xox

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Wow, love your corner of the world and all of your goodies!

Cardarian said...

Your desk is so interesting and your art work is amazing, always love to have snoop around your desk!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Sunshine Girl said...

Thanks for the lovely snoop - nice tidy desk there and your artwork is gorgeous.

Spyder said...

Sounds like you had a great time away, but it's always nice to come home, lovely snoop around a very creative crafty space!!
(Lyn)

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Peggy,
I hope you will find a chance to go to my I Owe it All to Him blog and see the pic that happened miraculously! xo

~*~Patty S said...

Your desk AND blog are lovely!
So glad you stopped by my Magpie's Nest so I could find you.
oxo

donnalouiserodgers said...

Peggy your artwork makes me shout out loud - I do Hope you Sell your Work...

the world needs it - and not all your effort need to be given as gifts...

Dx

Julia Dunnit said...

Your own DP! I had no idea. Welcome home! Am enbarrassed to say that I've been twice to San Fran and not seen the Palace of Fine Arts. Will correct that next time. Your sketch for Carola is already amazing. A dollar or not, I would have walked past those stamps - and I don't doubt that as soon as you use them, I'll understand your vision of their potential and want them too!

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi there, am so sorry that I am a little late getting to your WOYWW post, wow what lovely stash you have there, so much for us to feast our eyes at, lol! Have a lovely weekend, hugs Heidi xxx

Nikki said...

Your Space is very Creative and your drawing is fantastic look forward to seeing it colored :)
hugs Nikki C
happy Late WOYWW

Morti said...

Fabby stuff and fabby work as always....

Related Posts with Thumbnails