Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: My Life in Community Collage

Monday, October 4, 2010

My Life in Community Collage

Last weekend, I helped give a retreat to 60 women.  The theme was "Women of God, Women of Community, Living in the World, but not of the World".  My part was to guide them in the creative activity of making a graphic presentation of the story of their life in our Christian Community.  I took the same retreat a long time ago and I brought the collage I made then as an example.  Here is my collage...


Some of the women thought they weren't creative at all.  I tried my best to convince them that they could do it and to just give it a go.  They gamely tried doing the assignment and found out they enjoyed making them.    They discovered that they were creative after all!  Here are some of their collages...

 









I was soooo delighted!

2 blog hugs:

Carola Bartz said...

These collages are amazing!!

Julia Dunnit said...

Well done for your encouragement..I expect that the creativity will start slowly and swell for these women -it's just a question of nudging the tap open a bit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails