Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: Trading Cards

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Trading Cards

It's been a while since I last posted in my blog. After joining ATCs for all and looking through the gallery, I marvelled at the wonderful cards that were up for trading. I found myself offering to trade cards with some very talented artists til I had nothing left to trade. Since they offered to hold the cards I was interested in for me til I had new cards, I found myself having to make more cards to trade out. Having that goal and "deadline" really encouraged me to sit down and create something. I think ATCs are a wonderful way for artists and would be artists to develop their talents and skills. Since it's such a small size, just 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches, you can just leave a card you're not that happy with it and start another one. Or bring along a blank card to draw on while waiting for an appointment. You can even use recycled materials, cardboard boxes or old invitations. Even children can make ATCs! Although I haven't received the cards yet, I'm excited to receive the cards and I look forward to learning techniques from the artists I'm trading with.

0 blog hugs:

Related Posts with Thumbnails