Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: Happy Father's Day

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

My father is almost 84 years old, but one of the things he has taught me is that whatever age we are, we can still be young at heart.  My Dad is still interested in so many things, still surfing the internet for new ideas and projects he can get into, still dreaming big.  Here is a picture of my Dad sailing his Sunfish sailboat.  He says he grows younger whenever we go to the beach!

Sometimes we think we are too old to learn new things, or to start something new but my Dad reminds me otherwise and I like to quote Isaiah 40:31 whenever I start thinking and feeling this way...

"They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

and Psalm 103:5 "your youth is renewed like the eagle's."

One of my favorite quotations for fathers is "How blessed are the children, who in their fathers see the tender Father — love of God, and find their way to thee." And as we celebrate Father's Day and thank God for our earthly fathers, let's also remember the great love that God our Father has for us.  Happy Father's Day, everyone!

2 blog hugs:

Barbara Jean said...

Peggy,
Thanks for the visits to my place, love the top card, and oh that ocean. wish i were there.

Great your Dad is still active.e

blessings from Oregon
barbara jean

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Peggy! Such a lovely tribute to your sweet dad! ... I edited my post this morning! I LOVE my ATC! Your artwork is so lovely! xo Paulette

Related Posts with Thumbnails