Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: WIP: Madonna and Child

Saturday, October 8, 2011

WIP: Madonna and Child


I have done a number of Madonna and Child pieces and when I started this one, I was thinking of putting it away for a while since it seemed to be somewhat uninspired.  But I received so much encouragement from my visitors these past few days (who seemed to see things in this piece that I hadn't seen) that I decided to continue working on it.

Starting out with watercolor and colored pencil, I added some stamping and bits and pieces from magazines, gift wrapper and an old devotional magazine, with a quote from a familiar Christmas carol...

"What child is this, who, laid to rest,
On Mary's lap is sleeping?
Whom angels greet with anthems sweet,
While shepherds watch are keeping?"

I am liking it now!  Thank you so much, dear blog visitors for encouraging me.  I am blessed to have you!  Today, I am linking up with Jennifer's Studio Sneak Peek and Artists in Blogland's Show and Tell Saturday.

18 blog hugs:

Tracey FK said...

This is really progressing well and I can't wait to see the finished product xx

Anonymous said...

Nice sketches! found u thru artist in blogland

Julia Dunnit said...

Beautiful, inspirational art Peggy. the addition of the text is a cracking idea. Can I venture that a teeny amount of gold highlight here and there might work? Or not. I'm scaring myself now!

manomij said...

Its is just gorgeous, I really loving how it is coming out and it is always great to leave things for a little while if you are stuck.
Manonpopjes from blogland

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Beautiful soft work. I love how you used the verses around the edges too. It's lovely.

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

glad you continued work on it because the end result is a beautiful piece. Love the softness of it and the added stamping and collage pieces.

Anonymous said...

I love the layers of art you layered upon art.
Brave and worth it.
T

Joni Nickrent said...

Beautiful and tender painting! Will look forward to seeing it when you've completed it, but looks awesome now! POP ART MINIS

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Peggy!
This is absolutely beautiful! I love it!
You do wonderful work!
Blessings,
Sonya

Dorien said...

What a beautiful painting, so soft and tender. Love it!

bohemiannie! art said...

So beautiful and sweet!

Geri said...

I always loved this piece...so glad you are seeing what we have all been seeing ♥

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I think this is such a sweet painting. I am so glad you continued working on it. Lovely! :)

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Wow. This is stunning! I love Mary and Jesus art. Love the golds. Truly beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us 'in the studio' and sharing!

Unknown said...

Stunning. I'm visiting from artistsin blogland. So glad that I found your work. This is looking amazing, I can't wait to see it finished!

Cindy said...

So beautiful! It should be on a Christmas Card!!!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Great textures!

Jill said...

This is just beautiful! Oh my, what talent you have. I'm glad you stuck with this one. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails