Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: I Find Joy in the Word

Monday, February 6, 2012

I Find Joy in the Word


Mark 6:31 says "Come away by yourselves to a deserted place and rest awhile."  This is something he says to me as well.  

And early in the morning I wake up while it is still dark and the world is still asleep.  He invites me to go to the depths of my heart where he dwells, to meet him there.  And the rest that he gives is peace and wholeness...

John Tauler says "Saint Augustine and Saint Anselm tell us concerning prayer that it is «a raising of the soul to God»… For my part, I tell you only this: truly detach yourself from yourself and from all created things and raise your soul wholly to God above all creatures, into the deep abyss. There, immerse your spirit in God’s spirit in true abandonment…, in a real union with God…, Ask God there for everything he wants us to ask him, what you desire and what other people desire from you. And hold this as certain: what a tiny, little coin is with regard to a hundred thousand gold pieces, that is what all external prayer is with regard to this prayer, which is a real union with God, and with regard to this inflowing and fusion of the created spirit in the uncreated spirit of God…" (from my Lectio Divina Android app)

This year, I started making my prayer journal an art journal as well.  I find that all the wonderful words in the bible are such an inspiration for me.  For living my life as well as for making art.  And the time I spend drawing and coloring in and painting gives me the time to reflect even more on these verses. And because I delight in all the previous days' illustrations, I find myself going back and reflecting even more.

I'm linking up this week to Inspire Me Monday and Hear It on Sunday, Use it on Monday.

p.s Have you joined my two giveaways? There's still time if you are interested - My Latest ATCs and My Memories digital scrapbooking software.

9 blog hugs:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Lovely! So soothing tonight.
Rinda

Sonya Badgley said...

Peggy, this is such a wonderful way to journal as you journey through His Word. Just beautiful, thank you for sharing your beautiful art and inspiring us even more to seek Him.
Bless you, my dear,
Sonya

Diane Writes said...

An art and prayer journal.. what a great idea. Your journal pages never fail to amaze me. I am not really in to arts and crafts but your works really encourage me to try and venture :)

Theresa said...

I love your prayer art journal page. I haven't been working on my journal as much this year, but after seeing your page I am inspired to pick back up! Beautiful page!

Kenya G. Johnson said...

Peggy that is a beautiful idea and its wonderful how the painting causes you to reflect. If you have a favorite quote or scripture, I would love you to sign my quotes guestbook at http://www.kenyagjohnson.com/quotes/

rachel awes said...

i LOVE this verse + art! xox

Lisa Graham said...

This is such a sweet piece of art Peggy and a lovely verse. Have a blessed rest of your week.

Laura @ Beholding Glory said...

Just wow. I love your drawings!! I wish I could have them up all over my house.

Create With Joy said...

Dear Peggy,

As you know, you never cease to be a source of inspiration go me! I am featuring you on this week's Inspire Me Monday. Congratulations & have a blessed week!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails