Google+ peggy aplSEEDS: Recognizing Jesus

Monday, August 13, 2012

Recognizing Jesus


All around us, after the heavy rains of last week, there are people whose homes have been damaged and whose possessions have been washed away.  Some have even lost loved ones.  During times like this, I think of the words in Matthew 25:35-40, "For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me." Then the righteous will answer him and say, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or see you thisty and give you drink?".. The king will say to them in reply, "Amen, I say to you, whatever you did to one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me."

And so, as I look around me at all the people in need specially after the floods of last week, I hope that I can recognize Jesus, in what Mother Teresa calls, "his distressing disguise"  and do my part in helping him.

I'm sharing this illustration from my prayer journal with my blog friends in Spiritual SundaysInspire Me Monday, Word Art Wednesday Random Journal DayHeartprint Hallelujahs,  Faith-filled FridayPaint Party Friday, and Art Journal Every Day.

19 blog hugs:

Lisa notes... said...

I've not heard of his "distressing disguise" but I immediately know what it means. Praying for you to recognize him and to be his hands and feet to the hurting in your area.

Beth Morey said...

So lovely, Peggy

GypsyDi said...

Beautiful Work!
Diane
Treasuringgrace.blogspot.com

Charlotte said...

Beautifully said and illustrated.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Karen Letchworth said...

Peggy: What a beautiful and sweet blog post. Thanks for sharing this with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday and sharing what makes you smile!
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Natasha said...

Beautiful work. Very uplifting. Love the young girls face.

Alicia C said...

wonderfully uplifting portraits!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

I love the way you draw faces. Fantastic!

Faye said...

I have really been thinking of all you in the rain-ravished areas of the world. I love your post today. It strikes home. We have a responsibility to help those in need. Also, your painting is beautiful.

Unknown said...

So beautiful!

Netty said...

Beautiful work. Happy PPF, Annette x

Debbie said...

This page is strikingly beautiful!!

GlorV1 said...

Beautiful work, great post. Thanks.

Mary C. Nasser said...

Beautiful illustration from your prayer journal!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Marji said...

What a beautiful page from your prayer journal. Lovely work. Happy PPF

Lynn Cohen said...

Nicely done with some firm clear lines! I like the writing too.

Anne Manda said...

Lovely, insightful image! Happy PPF!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful artwork and a good verse for us all to remember, for no matter where we are, there are people in need. May we all see Jesus in them and help when we can.

JKW said...

It sounds like to me that you will recognize need and be able to help when you see it. The painting is amazing. Blessings, Janet PPF

Related Posts with Thumbnails